Since we've sent out our last newsletter about organizing a Windows Azure Saturday, we've heard a lot of awesome feedback from you! In short, the conclusion was an overwhelming yes, please organize! And that's what we did... Short summary: coding and barbeque!
Windows Azure Saturday
Ready to dive into code? Hava a cool WIndows Azure idea and want to work on it in a small team? Now is the right time to kick-start your cloud solution and convince the other attendees of its value. We'll start early and code the entire morning. Build a killer cloud service, a killer mobile app backed by Windows Azure, whatever! And enjoy a tasty barbeque afterwards!
All you need to do is
- bring your app idea
- your laptop
- make sure the Windows Azure SDK is installed
- work solo or in small groups to build your Windows Azure solution
Team up, work alone, do whatever you want. The main goal is to have fun & learn doing it!
08:30 - 09:00: Welcome and set-up of laptop
09:00 - 12:30: Code, code, code!
12:30 - 13:00: Demo your cloud service
13:00 - 16:00: Barbeque time! (scampi, salmon, steak, souvlaki, turkey, salad, ... you'll like it!) - prepared by Lekker Beest
We'll provide some prizes for the best apps created:
- 2 ReSharper licenses sponsored by JetBrains
- 2 Cloud Storage Studio licenses sponsored by Cerebrata
- 3 one-year MyGet Small subscriptions + a free Pro NuGet book sponsored by MyGet
- 25 Pluralsight 1-month subscriptions
- 2 Windows Azure North Europe region datacenter tours (flights, dinner, hotel and a tour through the datacenter where you've deployed your app) sponsored by Microsoft
If you've been at AZUG, you know we have three Windows Azure MVP's in our board as well as 2 ASPInsiders. And four MEET members as well! You're in good hands if you have any questions, problems or want to make sure your Windows Azure application performs top-notch!
Event date: June 2, 2012 - 08:30 - 17:00
Register via EventBrite
We've had a lot of no-shows earlier. Which is a pity if we order sandwiches, but even more of a pity if we have to slaughter cattle provide meat and afterwards throw it in the garbage can.
Here's the deal: you pay us 10 EUR now and if you show up, you simply get it back. Making it basically a free event for you. Fair enough?